Leeds Town Hall is a Grade 1 listed building and was built by Cuthbert Brodrick after a competition to build the Town Hall was held in 1852. The Town Hall was opened by Queen Victoria in 1858 and is home to an impressive 3-manual organ, the largest of its kind in Europe, an was built by Gray and Davidson.
Leeds Town Hall is one of the largest town halls in the United Kingdom and is one of the eighth tallest building in Leeds. It was opened by Queen Victoria, highlighting its status as an important civic structure. Today the town hall is mainly used for concerts and formal civic functions. It is the setting for the Leeds International Pianoforte Competition, and the Leeds International Film Festival screens many of its films here each year.
Leeds Town Hall is conveniently located in the centre of Leeds, next to Leeds Central Library and Leeds City Art Gallery. It is a five minute walk from both the rail and bus stations and a 10 minute drive from the M1 and M62.
Open all the time
SE 298333 53.79597 -1.54816
By Road: From all directions head into Leeds city centre, upon arrival at the city follow signs for the city loop road (the one way system around the city centre). The Town Hall is found at junction 3 of the loop, and parking is found in nearby streets and The Light car park.
By Public Transport: From Leeds City Station, exit the station by the Queens hotel. Cross the road to the Park Plaza hotel and head straight up Park Row. Turn left at the crossroads at the junction with The Headrow, the Town Hall is found at the next crossroads. If travelling by bus, from Leeds Bus Station walk up New York Street to Kirkgate Market. Turn right into Vicar Lane and then at the crossroads, turn left to The Headrow. Walk for approximately five minutes and you will arrive outside the Town Hall
Be the first to hear about exciting new events, attraction and special offers in Leeds.