• VisitLeeds processes personal Information that you provide to us when carrying out a transaction with us or registering for our services.
• Information we may collect from you:
a. Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website, subscribing to our service and any additional, posting material, contributions or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us and when you report a problem with our Website.
b. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
c. We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
d. Details of transactions you carry out through our Website.
e. Details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
• The personal information we collect will only be used to provide you with information, products or services that you have consented to receive. Under the Data Protection Act 1998, we may share information with other people and organisations where we are required by law to do so, or with appropriate justification under the Act. This includes where disclosure is necessary to enable the council or another organisation to exercise its statutory functions (for example, the Department for Work and Pensions or the Police). VisitLeeds will not, otherwise, share your personal information with any third parties without you giving your express consent.
• Where you have consented for VisitLeeds to provide your details to a third party, VisitLeeds will ensure that third party processes your personal data securely in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
• Should you, at any time, wish to stop receiving the service provided by VisitLeeds, and wish to request for your personal data to be removed from our system, you can do so by contacting us at email@example.com. You also have the right to access the personal information we hold about you. Please see the following link for further information: http://www.leeds.gov.uk/opendata/Pages/Subject-access-requests.aspx
• Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
• We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate anonymised information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target.
IP addresses and cookies
• We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
• For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies are used to make our Website work and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
a. To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
b. To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our Website according to your individual interests.
c. To speed up your searches.
d. To recognise you when you return to our Website.
• The cookies used on our Website are:
a. ASP.NET_SessionId - This cookie is essential for the operation and navigation of the website. The cookie is deleted when you close your browser.
b. _utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz - These cookies are used by Google Analytics to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
c. dmsTPC - This cookie is used to record if a user has accepted the use of Google Analytics cookies on the VisitLeeds website. This cookie is deleted when you close your browser.
• Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. These links explain how you can control cookies via your browser - remember that if you turn off cookies in your browser then these settings apply to all websites (not just this website):
c. Safari: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/5.0/en/9277.html (or http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677 for mobile versions).
e. Blackberry devices: http://help.blackberry.com/en/blackberry-q10/10.3.1/help/mwa1334238823957.html.
h. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
• We may embed videos from YouTube using YouTube's privacy-enhanced mode. This mode may set cookies on your computer once you click on the YouTube video player, but YouTube will not store personally-identifiable cookie information for playbacks of embedded videos using the privacy-enhanced mode. To find out more please visit YouTube's embedding videos information page: http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=171780.
• We may display either (or both) of the following widgets:
a. Feed widgets (widgets that display a feed from our social network page). These widgets do not create a cookie.
b. Sharing widgets (widgets such as Facebook Like, Twitter Share or AddThis) which enable you to share content of Visit Leeds to your friends or followers. By default these do not create a cookie until you have clicked on the graphic or icon representing the sharing network you would like to use. By clicking the graphic or icon you consent to transmitting data to the respective social network.