Add to shortlist button.
Nestled in the picturesque village of Calverley, this pretty 19th century inn is a slice of Yorkshire calm that's equally close to the commercial hubs of Bradford and Leeds. So whether you're planning a short break or a business trip, it makes for an ideal escape.
The Caverley Arms is a fine Victorian building with 14 rooms and a cosy pub. You won't have to wander far, then, if you're in the mood for a pint of cask ale or some heart-warming, seasonally inspired food.
Judging from Victorian maps, the lodge's roots date back at least to the 1850s, but its stunning views over the Aire Valley are truly timeless. The pub's garden, which occupies a beautiful spot bordered by large trees and open countryside, is the perfect place to enjoy them, especially during summer.
If you're feeling more active, there's lots of great rambling nearby and plenty of attractions to keep you occupied, from Pudsey Park, medieval Calverley Hall and the stunning Kirkstall Abbey to the hustle and bustle of Leeds City Shopping Centre.
SE 211366 53.82553 -1.67962
- From the M621, exit at Junction 1 and at the roundabout take the A6110 (signposted ring road)
- Continue on the A6110 for about 3 miles, passing a further 5 roundabouts, then merge onto the A647
- At the next roundabout take the second exit onto the A6120 (signposted ring road)
- After about a mile turn left onto Calverley Lane (B6156). You'll find the lodge on the right, at The Calverley Arms Vintage Inn
- New Pudsey Station is just over 2 miles away with a 15-minute connection to Leeds
- Leeds Bradford International Airport is less than 6 miles away
New Pudsey Station: 2.5 miles
Leeds Bradford International Airport: 5.9 miles
- Children welcome
- Licenced (table or bar)
- Ironing facilities
- Building of historical interest
- Central heating
- Telephone (public)
- Television available
- Restaurant open to non-residents
- Public house/Inn
- WiFi or internet access
- Single sex groups welcomed
- On street/public parking