Trinity Leeds Celebrates 5th Birthday with Super-Sized Surprise
16th March 2018
Landmark retail and leisure destination generates £150m annual economic output every year
3 metre-high cake and £10k giveaway to help mark major milestone in Leeds’ retail history
Trinity Leeds is celebrating its 5th anniversary in style with a super-sized 3 metre-high birthday cake and a £10,000 giveaway for shoppers.
Visitors can join in the celebrations on Wednesday, March 21st with one of 2,000 free slices of the specially-designed cake, which includes intricate icing celebrating all things Leeds – from miniature, edible versions of the Kaiser Chiefs and Nicola Adams’ boxing gloves, to a Leeds United and Leeds Rhinos badge.
The first 2,000 people to claim a slice of the eye-catching cake will also be given a £5 Trinity Leeds gift card.
New research by owners LandSec has revealed that Trinity Leeds generates nearly £150m in economic output every year and supports thousands of jobs. Since its launch in 2013, the iconic shopping and leisure destination has welcomed 68 new brands and more than 120million visitors.
David Maddison, General Manager at Trinity Leeds, said: “Five years seems to have flown by – it seems like only yesterday we welcomed a crowd of thousands as people packed into the shopping centre to watch the launch ceremony.
“What we have achieved for Leeds’ retail and leisure scene since then – and in such a short space of time – is truly remarkable. It was always our hope to become part of the fabric of Leeds and we have been welcomed with open arms.
“With the support of the city’s shoppers, we’ve helped bring countless big-name brands to Leeds for the first time, boosting Leeds’ rightful place in the UK retail rankings and attracting visitors from across the globe.
“We hope to share this five-year milestone for Trinity Leeds and for the city with as many people as possible.”
Hilary Benn, MP for Leeds Central, added: “Trinity Leeds has been a great addition to Leeds city centre. It set a new standard for design and is very popular with shoppers.”
Shoppers can enjoy a slice of the red velvet and vanilla buttercream flavoured cake, which has been created by The Tattooed Bakers, when it is unveiled on Wednesday, March 21st.
A range of special birthday treats and offers will also be available throughout the week, with details at www.trinityleeds.com.
Trinity Leeds in numbers:
- Supports thousands of jobs
- Generates nearly £150m in economic output every year
- 120million visitors since its launch
- £10,000 giveaway to celebrate 5th birthday
- Size of 13 football pitches
- 1,902 panes in the glass roof, with 940 LED lights
- 68 new brands (both UK & international) have opened at Trinity Leeds
- Includes 120 shops, stores and restaurants
- MEATliquor at Trinity Leeds has sold over 50,000 ‘Dead Hippie Burgers’ and 10,000 ‘House Grogs’
- The Lindt store at Trinity Leeds has sold 32,381kg of pick & mix chocolates – the same weight as 6 fully grown elephants!
- Pho at Trinity Kitchen has served 250,000 bowls of pho and 250,000 spring rolls
- The only shopping centre to ever be voted on the ‘Cool Brands List’
- Winner of the ‘Best of the Best’ Design Award at the ICSC (International Council for Shopping Centres) Awards.