Shortlist symbol Add to shortlist button.

Type of Venue

 

Location

 

Facilities

 

Or Venue Name

 
 

Shortlist

Shortlist symbol Add to shortlist button.

image for Art Exhibition item typeYoung Artists Charity Auction at Aspire Leedsadd to shortlist

  • Event data supplied by Leeds Inspired

Art Exhibition, Tue 24 Jul 2018, free entry

Young Artists Charity Auction

Young Artists Charity Auction

Details

IVE invites you to join us for a charity art auction and gallery exhibition evening featuring work from the Young Artists Collection, our new initiative that supports & showcases work from artists aged 11-18.

A new programme from IVE, the Young Artists Collection gives talented young artists the opportunity to exhibit and sell their work whilst supporting other young artists from disadvantaged backgrounds.

This year, we asked young artists aged 11-18 to produce an original work of art on the theme of Yorkshire. We’ve been blown away by the quality we received and, together with a panel of expert judges, we’ve whittled these down to 32 of the best.

These works will be exhibited at Aspire Leeds on the 24th of July and then auctioned, with 60% of the money raised at auction going back to the artist. The remaining 40% will be used to fund IVE’s charitable work providing creative learning opportunities for disadvantaged young people.

We invite anyone interested to join us on the day to appreciate these interesting and creative new works of art, meet the talented young people behind them and take part in the auction to help raise money to support young people from across Yorkshire.

5 pm: Doors open

View the artwork and get a chance to meet the young artists that have created these works.

Opportunities to pre-bid on the auction will be made available.

7 pm: Auction begins

8 pm: Evening ends

IVE is an education charity that is working to ensure a more creative future for children, young people, businesses, and educators.

IVE delivers a variety of projects which work with children and young people, primarily from disadvantaged backgrounds, which aim to improve their employability, artistic skills and future prospects. We do so by developing their creativity, social skills, problem-solving abilities and confidence using a combination of workshops and experiences as well as supporting them into pathways into work.

Collectively this work is known as Shaping Creative Futures.

Shaping Creative Futures projects can take many forms. Examples include: careers taster days, mentoring programmes, work experience, skills workshops and cultural days out, anything that helps develop the skills, confidence and creativity of young people.

For more information about how this money could be used, visit

https://weareive.org/talent-development-programme/

Judging was completed by:
Jonathan Straight – street photographer and trustee at IVE

Mat Lazenby – Creative Director at LazenbyBrown

Amanda Phillips – Education Officer at Leeds Art Gallery

Disabled toiletsOn-site light refreshmentsRegional Tourist Board MemberFacilities for conferencingFacilities for corporate hospitality

Event details

Dates Times
Tue 24 Jul 2018 17:00 to 20:00

Prices

Free entry

Please note that admission is by ticket.

Also at this Venue

Events at this Venue

date event
Tue 24 Jul Young Artists Charity Auction

Address

2 Infirmary Street,
Leeds,
LS1 2JP

Location

Directions

See location of Aspire Leeds on Google mapsSee location on Google maps

Map reference: SE 297335  Lat: 53.79739 Long: -1.54910

By Car: From all routes head to Leeds railway station. Aspire is based on City Square opposite the station. Parking can be found on nearby side streets or car parks which are signposted close by.

By Public Transport: Cross the road from Leeds railway station onto City Square. Aspire is based on the other side of the square.

Accessible by Public Transport: 0 miles from Leeds station

Facilities

  • Disabled toiletsDisabled toilets
  • On-site light refreshmentsOn-site light refreshments
  • Regional Tourist Board MemberRegional Tourist Board Member
  • Facilities for conferencingFacilities for conferencing
  • Facilities for corporate hospitalityFacilities for corporate hospitality