Resident monk Bernard takes you through the majestic ruins of Kirkstall Abbey on the Monks, Mead and Medieval Leeds tour. Discover the incredible history of the medieval abbey, find out why the monks made Kirkstall their home and enjoy a traditional taster of mead. Tour runs for approx. one hour.
The Life in Victorian Leeds tour invites visitors to wander the authentically recreated streets of 19th century Leeds to see the shops, pub and businesses that were part of the city over 100 years ago. You should schedule 45 minutes for this tour.
- Prices: Pre-book tickets from £15
- Website: https://museumsandgalleries.leeds.gov.uk/kirkstall-abbey/
- Contact: Linda Ribeiro, Linda.Gunn@leeds.gov.uk
- Location: Abbey Road, Kirkstall, Leeds, LS5 3EH
- Age: All
- Start time: Every Friday (March – November)
- Facilities: Baby change, toilets, visitor centre, picnic area, education facilities, play area
- Catering: On-site cafe
- Parking: A large free car park is situated next to Abbey House Museum on Abbey Walk.
- Nearby attractions: Abbey House Museum