Share #MyFavouriteLeeds to win a two night stay when it’s safe to visit again!
9th April 2020
Although this period of lockdown is tough, it won’t last forever and it’s always good to have something to look forward to. So we’re giving away a two night stay in a luxury four-star Leeds hotel for when it’s safe to travel and we’d love to know where in Leeds and the surrounding area you’re looking forward to visiting.
To enter, share a new post on your Instagram feed featuring photographs you took when you last visited your favourite place in Leeds. Do not go out to take new photographs. Tell us where is featured in the photographs and why it’s one of your favourite places. Be sure to use #MyFavouriteLeeds and to tag @VisitLeeds and @IgersLeeds in the main caption. Entry is via Instagram only and you can enter up to five times, each new post counts as a new entry and please keep to one place per post. You can share photos you have previously shared but it must be as a new post – re-tagging an old post does not count as a valid entry. You will need signed consent from any people who feature in your photos to comply with GDPR. The Instagram competition will run for one month and we’ll be sharing some of the entries on our own channels during that time.*
To judge the entries and choose a winner, we’ve enlisted the help of two of the IgersLeeds admin team; @carlmilner is a professional photographer and @sunflowerof21 is an award-winning iPhone photographer, so you’re in good hands!
Terms and Conditions apply. Good luck.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Competition start date: Thursday 9th April 2020
- Competition end date: Sunday 10th May 2020
- The winning entry will be chosen and informed by the end of week commencing Monday 11th May.
- The prize is a two night stay in a four-star Leeds hotel for two people. The date of the stay is to be confirmed and is to be at a time when the government advises that it is safe to travel.
- Entry to the competition is through Instagram only.
- For an entry to be valid, it must:
Be a new post to the entrants’ account but using photos they have previously taken.
State the place/venue featured in the photo and give a reason as to why it is the entrant’s favourite place.
Use #MyFavouriteLeeds in the main caption
Tag @VisitLeeds and @IgersLeeds in the main caption
- Maximum five entries per person. One new post = one entry. One place per post.
- Entrants may use photos that they have previously shared on their Instagram feed but it must be as a new post. Retagging an already existing post shared before the competition start date is not a valid entry.
- If any photos feature a clearly visible person(s) you must have a GDPR compliant consent form that is signed by each person in the photo. Please email the signed form to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a link to/attachment of the image in question.
- *Visit Leeds will be featuring entries on their own channels throughout the duration of the competition and any time after that. The entries may be featured on Visit Leeds Instagram, Visit Leeds Twitter, Visit Leeds Facebook and the Visit Leeds website.
- Igers Leeds may also feature entries on their own channels throughout the duration of the competition and any time after that. The entries may be featured on Igers Leeds Instagram and Igers Leeds website.
- Being featured on Visit Leeds channels or Igers Leeds channels does not mean the entry has been shortlisted.
- Entrants must be aged 18 or over.
- The prize is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
- Transport is not included.
- The promoter’s decision is final.