Travelling into Leeds
11th June 2020
As restrictions continue to ease, you may be wondering what the best way of travelling into Leeds is.
Although things are starting to get back to normal, to limit the spread of coronavirus, we ask that you please:
• Walk or cycle into the city where possible;
• Keep at least two metres from others;
• Limit journeys as much as possible including using public transport*;
• Take extra care when driving to help reduce pressure on the NHS and emergency services;
• and finally, avoid travelling at peak times.
You can plan your journey before you travel here.
To ensure people feel safe while walking around the city, footpaths have been temporarily widened using water barriers in the city centre and across a number of local town and district centres. So, why not get those steps up if you’re planning to come into the city or town centre? Or, if you have access to a bike, we have lots of safe cycle routes across the city – find out more here. You won’t be short of places to park up as there are several cycle parking spaces in the city centre and beyond – use City Connect’s interactive map to find cycle parking all across the city here.
Planning on travelling by car? Our accessible position on the UK motorway network makes reaching Leeds by road so simple. The M621 runs close to the city, providing direct access to the M1 and M62 and the A1 is accessible to the north of the city centre – you can find a car parking and disabled parking map here.
Once you’ve made it into Leeds, we have a compact and walkable city centre packed with culture, retail, food and drink so we’re sure you won’t be disappointed.
*Please only travel on public transport if your journey is necessary.
• It’s mandatory to wear face masks on public transport from 15 June 2020. The Government has given instructions on how to make and wear your own cloth face covering.
• Please be aware of others who may have a priority need to travel.
• Plan ahead and be prepared to allow extra time or waiting to complete your journey.
• Wash hands before and after travel.
• Pay by contactless if you can.
• Look out for ‘Bus full due to social distancing’ messages on the destination display, which means the bus may not stop.
• Concessionary bus travel may be used after 09:30.
Park and Ride sites Temple Green and Elland Road Park and Ride remain temporarily closed.